BCHS Journal No. 4 - Tuscarora
Published 1975 by the Berkeley County Historical Society. Articles as follows: Historic Buildings Along Tuscarora Creek; Map of Tuscarora Area and Images of some Buildings. This issue contains a wealth of information on the people who lived along the Tuscarora Creek and their homes going west from Martinsburg. Noted are the Beesons, a Quaker family who acquired 2,000 acres here in the 1730’s; the division of their families and houses they built which included a Church and Cemetery. The genealogy of the Hunter Family is included in this issue along with much information on the Mongs, the Seibert/Cushwa German family and another Quaker family, the Thatchers.